A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed onto your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps examine web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Essentially, cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies on this website are used for:
- Analytical/performance purposes - this allows us to recognise and calculate the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate around the website when they are using it. Therefore helping us improve the way our website functionality for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality purposes - to help us recognise you when you return to our website. This allows us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences and settings (e.g. your choice of language or region).
- Session Cookies - these are used during the ordering and checkout process to store your order details as you move through the checkout process. Once your order is completed these cookies are automatically deleted.
What is GDPR?
GDPR is a new law comign into effct on 25th May 2018 giving any citizen of an EU country control over their personal data and to strengthen data protection. The full details fo the law can be found at https://gdpr-info.eu/
What data do we collect?
With regard to your account when you place an order, either as a registered customer or a guest we may collect and store these details:
- First Name
- Username - (registered accounts only)
- Password - (registered accounts only)
- E-mail address
- Delivery Addresse(s)
- Billing Address
- Order Number(s)
- Invoice Number(s)
- IP Address of the device used when placing the order
- Order Status
- Order Date(s)
- Order Price
- Products ordered
- A record of all emails sent by us to you, regarding your order and its status
- User registration date - (registered accounts only)
- Last login date - (registered accounts only)
- Annonomised Google Analytics data
All data is stored sceurely in our dedicated database with controlled and restricted access. You password is completely secure and cannot be retrived by anyone. The password system used by Eillens Emporium uses what is known as MD5 hashing with salt. MD5 Hashing takes the user password, appends the salt value (a random number assigned when the password was set) and converts it into bytes using a method such that although the same password will always give the same hash value, you cannot reverse the process to get the original password.
Access to your data
Under Article 17 of the GDPR, individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. If you so wish, you can request the complete removal and deletion of all your personal data held by Eillens Emporium. We are allowed 30 days to then comply with your request and delete your data.
Eillens Emporium is constantly working to ensure your data remains secure. We will continue to work to ensure GDPR guidelines are followed.